here comes the light…
Today is the celebration of Winter Solstice… and so we begin to see the slow lengthening of the light starting tomorrow. It has been a full year, and I am looking forward to 2019. I wish all of you the best in this approaching new year! (And to be clear, the photo above is the normal Stonehenge, not Nigel’s Stonehenge…)
2019 is going to get off to a busy start:
- several MATRIO shows in Seattle and Bellingham
- a WORLD-PREMIERE of a new piece called SIX MOMENTS at University of Central Florida
- a new intermedia piece MANIFOLD2 with Robert Campbell at the MOXsonic Festival in Missouri
- publication of a new work in Perspectives of New Music coming in the spring
- completion of a new piece called TRACES:SARAH for harp and electronics
- residency with Robert Campbell through ARTS INCUBATOR at Cornish College Playhouse
- a full teaching load including a theory class called REPETITION AS MUSICAL STRUCTURE
- much more to come!
I also promise to TRY and communicate on this blog at least three times before 2020. Quarterly seems like a good goal… I will lean into that.
Merry and Happy to everyone! Hope to experience you in person sometime in the coming days and in the new, 2019 light.